Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Car theives

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In one scene of a film I'm planning at the moment, I need to have some kids/youths break into a car and steal a stereo.

    The effect I want is just smash the window and grab (ah.la. Trainspotting), but I don't really fancy paying for a new window to be installed.

    I know you can make glass using sugar, bicarbonate of soda? and water....

    Does anyone have the recipe?
    Also, any ideas of how I could fit it into a car window so I could smash it easily?

    Any other suggestions would be helpful!

    Thanks!

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    www.rmsgraffix.freeserve.co.uk
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    It wont break realistically. Sugar glass breaks in panes, car window glass shatters into many small peices.
    I suggest that you go to a scrap yard and ask them there if you can 'borrow' a car for the day. (same make as the one you are using.)
    Put camera inside the car, film the guys smashing the window with a peice of pipe or something. from inside. Take some of the broken glass with you.
    Then cut that with the real car, after they have done the job simply wind the window down and scatter some of the broken glass chunks on the seat and you are away.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go to www.likestory.com. The boards there will probably have all the imformation you need

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •